What is a lip enhancement?
Full lips can be very sultry and sensual and it’s very easy for patients to achieve the full and plump lips that will surely complement their features through a lip enhancement or lip augmentation. A lip enhancement can change the shape of the lips and add fullness to both the upper and lower lips.
A lip enhancement will benefit patients inEdmond, OK who have naturally thin lips, or those who want to restore the fullness and volume of their lips that was lost due to aging. We have seen from our patients that the dramatic change in their appearance restored their self-confidence and improved the way that they interact with people and the way they carried themselves.
What is a lip enhancement like for patients?
Depending on the results that our patients wish to achieve, we have several techniques for lip enhancements that can be used to add volume and make the lips more sultry and sensual:
- Injection with dermal filler – to add volume to the lips, a patient may opt to use dermal fillers like Restylane and Radiesse. Using a very fine needle, the dermal filler will be injected into the upper and lower lips to add volume. These dermal fillers are naturally degraded by the body and retreatment is necessary to maintain the results.
- Fat injections – fat is removed from another area in the patient’s body with excess fat. The fat that is harvested will be purified and re-injected into the lips using a thin needle. A patient can also opt to have other parts of the face, such as deep cheek folds, injected with fat while a lip enhancement is being done.
- Collagen injections – using human derived collagen for our patients prevents the spread of disease and of allergic reactions that usually occurs when collagen from cow’s skin is used. Collagen is also injected to the lips through a fine needle to add volume.
- Placement of grafts – the grafts are inserted through incisions made in the inside corners of the mouth of patients . The material will be threaded on both sides of the lips and the incisions will be closed with sutures.
- AlloDerm – this is a sheet of collagen material derived from humans that are rolled and threaded along the full length of the lips during lip enhancement. It results in very uniform fullness and has to be replaced after 6 to 12 months.
- Dermal/fascia grafts – body tissues like skin, muscle, and collagen can be used to add fullness to the lips. These tissues will be absorbed by the body but the fullness will still be maintained. Patients have to undergo retreatment to maintain the volume of the lips.
- Local flaps – this technique for lip enhancement provides a more permanent solution so that patients can enjoy their full lips for a long time. The lining inside the lips is incised and moved forward to add fullness.
Schedule a Consultation
For more information about lip enhancement, contact Dr. Jones today at 405.418.5400 or click here to schedule an appointment.